2011 ANNUAL REPORT
TreeTops Animal Rescue was established in Landenberg, PA (Chester County) in 2006. Our Board consists of President Dr. Laurellen Treisner, Vice President Andrea Kueny, Treasurer George Treisner, and Secretary Dana Wallace. We are a PA non-profit corporation with federal 501(c)(3) tax deductible status (EIN: 20-5403519), and a PA licensed non-profit rescue network of foster homes.
ADOPTIONS/ FOSTERS for Jan 1- Dec 31, 2010
- Adopted by 12/31/11: 307 animals – 105 cats, 179 dogs, 3 goats, 1 alpaca, 3 rats, and 16 rabbits.
- TOTAL Adoptions for TreeTops 2006-2011: 943 animals – 346 cats, 570 dogs, 7 goats, 1 alpaca, 3 rats, and 16 rabbits
- Monthly average this year: 25 adoptions per month
- Courtesy Listings:
We’ve also listed many other animals for people looking for new homes for their pets or found animals.
- One foster dog was euthanized for aggression. 24 kittens died due to illness or accidents. 2 rabbits were lost when their outside rabbit hutch was overturned, and 1 died. Several cats and dogs were returned and re-adopted (some still in foster care) due to changes in the household or a mismatch with lifestyle .
FINANCES for Jan 1- Dec 31, 2011
Beginning Balance: $27,374 End balance: $32,205
Expenses = $57,803
Administrative Expenses - office supplies, printing state license, website, etc. $ 1,472
Program Expenses – Total $56,331
- Pet Supplies $ 4,507
- Shelter Fees (reimbursement for pet care & vetting) $ 9,815
- Vet care $ 39,348
- Boarding $ 2, 661
Revenues = $61,094
Adoption donation fees $ 45,750
Individual Donations $ 10,466
Mission Fish (EBay Auction donation) $ 323
Fundraising Events $ 4,555
Spay/Neuter Deposit Account = $5,660
Non-cash donations included toys, food, crates, leashes, other supplies, and the time and efforts of our volunteers. In particular, thanks to Purina Rally to Rescue and Oxford Feed & Lumber/Pets & Friends for donations of pet food; Paws & Claws pet store for selling us supplies at cost; and Dr. James Beach of Walnut Hill Vet for providing veterinary services for rescue animals at a discount.
2011 News and 2012 Goals
2011 Fundraising, Donations, and
- Donation Canister at the Paws & Claws Pet Store – which also provides supplies at a discount, allows multiple rescued cats at the store year round, raised donations at their Grand Reopening, and hosts Meet & Greet events.
- Taking part in Whisker Walk and other events sponsored by Oxford Feed & Lumber- Oxford, PA, and Pets & Friends in Jennersville - they also have donated food and distributed funds to rescues attending the events.
- Donation jar at multiple , PA. We were also received some funds as a Petsmart Rescue Partner.
- Donation jar at Animal Adoption Days at Tractor Supply Company in Oxford, PA which also donated some supplies and other funds raised throughout their adoption week.
- As a Purina ProPlan Rally to Rescue Ambassador we received donated food, animal magazines, adoption packets, and other supplies, including some funding for our Mummers & Mutts event and were invited to the Purina Rally to Rescue booth at the National Dog Show, Philadelphia, PA.
- Save the Mummers & Mutts- Philadelphia, PA*** Thanks to Megan West who was responsible for planning and organizing this major fundraiser for us. Through RescueGroups.org , DogTime gave us a grant to pay for their website, voicemail, and email services.
- EBay Missionfish. Anyone who sells merchandise on EBay can designate a non-profit to receive a certain amount of the selling price on each sale.
- 3rd Annual Holiday Dog Bone Drive – donations of many HUGE baskets of goodies for our dogs.
- Individual donations of money and supplies raised and given to us by volunteers, supporters, and adopters; United Way donations- designated by various supporters; and donation canister at the Landenberg Store
- Donations were made in the names of two of our long-time volunteers and foster parents who each died of a sudden illness in 2011: Pat Morris and Jane Kavenaugh
- Donations were made in the names of two of our adopted dogs who passed away suddenly in 2011: Holly and Oscar
- Donation jar at events including
New Garden Grower’s Market in Avondale; Delaware Dog Fest in Avondale, PA;Canine & Cupids at Camp Bow Wow in Newark, DE; and Chester County Bark in the Park - Nottingham PA
- For 2012, we will need to work hard replace the invaluable volunteersTreeTops has lost this year due to job changes, family obligations, or illness. We already try and recruit through VolunteerMatch, our website and Facebook pages, and our growing email list but we need to find new avenues as well.
- We will continue building a community of supporters and keep in touch with adopters and volunteers by starting to distribute periodic newsletters as well as further developing our TreeTops Rescue Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/treetopsrescue
- We are working on developing two programs to help reduce the population of unwanted pets: Pat’s Cat Fund (named for Pat Morris) and Jane’s K-9 Fund (named for Jane Kavenaugh). In each case we’ll be working with people to help place kittens and puppies while also assisting with the cost of spaying and neutering the parents in order to prevent additional litters.